The start of 2017 brings a new perspective on being grateful. Instead of making New Year’s Resolutions, I’m going to work on being GRATEFUL for the people and things in my life that truly matter the most to me. I want to get back to the time when things were simple. I want to slow down and enjoy my family, friends. I want to enjoy my life again - I want to take walks in the early morning, sit on the porch at night and watch the sunset. I want to make a difference in the world around me.
My hope for 2017 is to love more, to make time for others, be a better friend, to keep an open heart and mind, to encourage others to be the best they can be, to listen to both sides of a story, to live in the moment, not judge others, embrace change, and most of all to be grateful for who and what I have in my life.
Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion in to clarity… It makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. ~Melody Beattie~
Ways to improve the gratitude in your life.
- Celebrate life.
- Reinvest in friendships.
- Remove the negative things from your life.
- Take time to smell the roses.
- Change how you view things; have a new perspective on life.
- Acknowledge the people you have in your life that truly matter/make a difference.
- Make time to go for a walk.
- Appreciate the life you have and live it to the fullest.
- Discard the things that clutter your daily life.
- Stop and breathe (two minutes). Calm yourself from the inside out.
- Give compliments and praise to others; accept compliments when given.
- Take time to reflect or pray.
- For every negative thing you think/say/do, find a positive to replace it.
- Before you go to sleep at night tell your loved ones why you are grateful for them.
Life is not about how much you take, but how much you give. ~Unknown~