Joan Kornitz, of Eden, was recently drawn as the grand prize winner of Agnesian HealthCare’s Grief Relief: Rebuilding Families “One Backyard at a Time” fund-raiser, sponsored by the Agnesian HealthCare Foundation.
Kornitz’s grand prize, valued at $5,000 and donated by Stuart’s Landscaping & Garden Center, includes a custom landscape construction (softscape) package.
Agnesian HealthCare’s Grief Relief offers free facilitated peer support groups for children, teens, young adults and their families who are grieving the death of a significant person in their lives.
“Grief Relief is truly blessed not only with the individuals who helped make this year’s fund-raiser a success, but for the countless volunteers who donated their precious time and talents to those individuals in our community who are grieving,” says Sister Joyann Repp, MSN, RN, Agnesian HealthCare Hospice Hope bereavement coordinator.
Thanks to the fund-raiser, Grief Relief will receive approximately $18,500.
Other prize winners include:
• Second prize – Steel Handi Hauler Chilton Trailer (donated by Chilton Trailer; valued at $875); Sheila Stoffel, Sturgeon Bay
• Third prize – Kenmore 4-Burner Grill with Side Burner & Quarter Angus Beef (donated by the Rehrauer Family and Jim Schoenborn; valued at $750): Melanie Ledger, Fond du Lac
• Fourth prize – Adult Specialized Cross Trail Bike & Specialized Align Helmet (donated by Attitude Sports; valued at $550): Jean Ledden, Eldorado
• Fifth prize – Amish Solid Oak Rocker (donated by Murray Furniture; valued at $470): Sue Perre, Waupun
• Sixth prize – $100 grocery certificate (donated by Pick ‘N Save, Fond du Lac): Lanna Vercauteren, Campbellsport
Lastly, the winners from the Guth’s End of the Trail candy drawing include:
• 14-karat gold pendant set with .50 cts. of diamonds on a white gold chain (donated by The Goldsmith; valued at $1,155): Carol Hyland, Fond du Lac
Pictured with the grand prize winner of Agnesian HealthCare’s Grief Relief: Rebuilding Families “One Backyard at a Time” fund-raiser are (left to right): Pat Waisanen, Agnesian HealthCare Foundation; Sister Joyann Repp, MSN, RN, Agnesian HealthCare Grief Relief; Joan Kornitz, grand prize winner; and Stuart and Paul Muche, Stuart’s Landscaping & Garden Center.