The Treffert Center invites individuals, families and communities worldwide to explore the potential of the human mind, focusing on strengths rather than limitations. We seek to preserve, make available and expand the legacy of Darold Treffert, MD, an internationally respected researcher in autism, savant syndrome and related conditions.
The center offers state-of-the-art comprehensive, multidisciplinary diagnosis and treatment of autism, behavior, and communication disorders in children and adults. Treatment includes in-home, center-based and community-based programs.
The Treffert Center Library makes available an international library of books, videos, documentaries, journals, art works and periodicals on autism, savant syndrome, hyperlexia and other types of exceptional brain performance. The library promotes and carries out further research on these conditions, along with dissemination of reliable information about these conditions for parents, professionals, students, media and general public.
Individuals and families also benefit from all day preschool and after-school experience designed to provide a foundation for a strong mind, body and spirit based on early education focused on play, movement, self-regulation and social understanding, giving children ages three to 12 the opportunity to gain the skills and experience to reach their full potential.
Treffert Center: In the News
Click any of the titles below to view:
- Now online! CARTA/KIBM talks on "Extraordinary Variations of the Human Mind"
- A conversation with Trevor Clark, PhD
- Darold Treffert honored as Badger of The Year
- Savant artist to visit Fond du Lac
- Math genius, savant Jason Padgett visits Fond du Lac
- Harriet Tubman An Acquired Savant, Says Rain Man's Doctor
- Agnesian's institute is global center for savant syndrome research
- A Conversation With Dr. Treffert: Hyperlexia & Einstein Syndrome
- Barry Morrow sends a "shout out" to the Treffert Center
- Garden Walk success helps support Treffert Center
- Autism expert and author speaks in Fond du Lac - WBAY
- Dr. Temple Grandin: schools improved but need work on autism - WFRV
- Renowned livestock expert lectures on autism - FDL Reporter
- Treffert Lecture Series Brings Temple Grandin To FDL - KFIZ
To learn more about Darold Treffert, MD, please follow the link HERE.
The Treffert Center is proud to have a roster of professionals that can speak to a variety of topics such as autism, hyperlexia, savant syndrome, diversity, inclusive environments and mental health to support individuals across the lifespan. Staff training is also offered. We honor the living legacy of Darold Treffert, MD, and our Treffert Approach is featured in all presentations. We are available for public and private presentations depending on your target needs. There may be a speaking fee that will be determined upon submission of your request. Requests must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the event. The Treffert Center is a nonprofit service of Agnesian HealthCare. Our providers are featured below.
Fill out the form HERE.