Are you or your immediate family/household members experiencing any of the following concerns?
- Stress on the job
- Stress at home
- Difficulty with parenting
- Juggling schedules caring for elderly parents
- Marriage or relationship concerns
- Alcohol or drug misuse by you or a loved one
- Feeling hopeless, depressed or lonely
- An eating or sleeping concern
- A personal or family health crisis
- Death of a family member or friend
- Job loss or career concerns
- Financial or budgetary concerns
- Mounting anger or resentment
- Feeling unmotivated, unhappy or unfulfilled
Meeting with a Work & Wellness EAP counselor may provide you with the assistance you need to overcome the concern.
Please don’t let questions you have about the Employee Assistance Program prevent you from using it. You can call (anonymously, if you prefer) and speak with a staff person to get your questions answered before you decide whether or not to pursue further assistance through the EAP.
By providing the EAP, your employer wants to encourage you to deal with concerns sooner rather than later, so they do not become disruptive to your quality of life, your health, family or productivity. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by calling the Work & Wellness EAP.