Agnesian Autism, Behavior & Communication Center (AABCC)
A multi-disciplinary team of medical professionals - committed to understanding each individual and their unique characteristics - will conduct an evaluation to develop an appropriate diagnosis and to recommend appropriate strategies that focus on abilities.
Our healthcare professionals will use the most up-to-date tools and techniques to discover individual strengths and areas of development. They understand and support the need for a diagnosis to identify, treat and match the best services for every individual.
A variety of services are offered including:
- Multi-disciplinary evaluations
- Therapeutic services
- Consultation and coaching
Click here to read the parental guide to development evaluations.
Click here to learn more about the AABCC.
Click here for initial paperwork (Birth - Age 5)
Click here for initial paperwork (Age 6 - Adult)
Behavioral Health Newsletter
You can now find the informational articles that were in the Behavioral Health Newsletter posted on our "In Good Health" blog.
Domestic Violence Program
Agnesian HealthCare operates a Domestic Violence Program at St. Agnes Hospital with services also available at Waupun Memorial Hospital. The program provides 24-hour crisis assistance, support groups, follow-up services, referrals to community resources and a resource library.
Click here to learn more.
Inpatient Addiction Services
A team consisting of an addictionologist, behavioral health nurse, AODA counselors, and family and activity therapists provide detoxification and residential treatment services for adults. Psychiatric consultation is readily available from staff. To treat patients, an individual plan is developed based on a complete physical and addictive medicine evaluation. The treatment plan may include:
- Individual sessions with AODA counselors
- Group therapy
- Family assessment, education and support
- Discharge planning
- Nutritional assessment
- Patient education classes
- Community meetings
- Therapeutic activity therapy
- Medication education
- Psychological assessment and psychotherapy
- 12-step support group meeting attendance
Outpatient Addiction Services
Individual evaluations, specific programming, individual therapy and group therapy are available for any adolescent or adult with a demonstrated need for addiction services. An addictionologist, family counselor and AODA counselors provide a full continuum of care to patients, including working with family and friends and utilizing a wide range of community resources.
Specific Programs Include:
- Day treatment
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Relapse prevention group
- Family treatment
- Adolescent substance abuse program
- Dual diagnosis treatment
Family Addiction Education Program
Applying a family-systems perspective to increase family and friends understanding of addiction and recovery.
- Designed with One Goal in Mind...To recognize and become aware of distorted beliefs and experiences that shape behaviors, participants will identify new healthy ways of coping with the progressive nature of the disease.
- 2014 start dates include: Tuesday, January 7; Tuesday, April 15; and Tuesday, September 23. Classes are scheduled from 4:30 to 6 p.m. in St. Agnes Hospital's Outpatient Behavioral Health Services Department (Diagnostic & Treatment Center, fifth floor).
- Cost is $40 per person for each four-week program. For more information or to register, call (920) 926-4388 or (920) 926-4387.
Cash payment is required prior to attending the first group session. Payments can be made at the St. Agnes Hospital Cashiers Office (located on the first floor of the Fond du Lac Regional Clinic, behind clinic registration), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Inpatient Mental Health Services
Crisis observation, short-term care and acute psychiatric care are provided for adults and adolescents (age 17 and older). The Inpatient Mental Health Unit at St. Agnes Hospital includes semi-private rooms, several large group therapy rooms, a community patient lounge, dining area, recreation and exercise area, library and private consultation rooms. The unit is locked to best meet the safety and security needs of our patients and staff.
Outpatient Mental Health Services
Psychiatrists, psychologists, neuropsychologists and therapists provide individual evaluation and therapy to people whose behavior, thoughts and feelings have become disruptive to functioning normally. Individual therapy is available for:
- Adjustment to life trauma
- Anxiety and stress management
- Health issues related to headaches and chronic pain
- Anger management
- Child, adolescent and adult behavioral disorders
- Academic difficulties
- Relationship issues
- Specific group therapies
Often times after your appointment, you may have questions about your diagnosis and treatment.
Click here for a printable list of helpful resources.
A smooth transition is facilitated by working with the patient's family, friends, referring physicians and other outside agencies.
St. Agnes Hospital Behavioral Health Services: (920) 926-4200
Psychiatric Associates (Beaver Dam): (920) 885-2780
Doll & Associates (Fond du Lac): (920) 907-8201.
Inpatient Mental Health or Addiction: (920) 926-4290.
Domestic Violence Program: (920) 926-4207
(920) 926-4290 Pager