The Agnesian Health Shoppe offers a complete line of quality home health and respiratory equipment, from sales and rentals to repairs. We support physicians and patients in making the right choice for home medical equipment needs. We are dedicated to offering quality service and exceptional care to all our customers. Take a quick tour. Click here.
Notice for Sleep Apnea Patients Using Philips Respironics CPAP/BiPAP Products
On June 14, 2021, Philips Respironics issued a voluntary recall of its CPAP, BiPAP and mechanical ventilator devices. The recall is due to potential risks related to the foam used to reduce the sound and vibration of the motor. Those risks include but are not limited to headaches, nausea, irritation of the eyes, nose or skin or potential cancer caused from toxic gases. Philips Respironics has recommended that you stop using the recalled units and check with your treating sleep specialist to make an informed decision about whether the benefits of continued use outweigh the potential risks.
What should sleep apnea patients do in response to this alert?
At this time, we do not recommend discontinuation of CPAP/BiPAP positive pressure therapy for people with moderate to severe sleep apnea based solely upon this recall and without consulting your provider. Deciding whether to continue your positive pressure therapy should be done in consultation with your treating sleep specialist. The risks associated with your sleep apnea should be weighed against the potential risks identified in the recall notice.
Positive pressure therapy, provided by CPAP/BIPAP devices, is the most effective therapy and the current standard of care. In general, individuals with moderate to severe sleep apnea are at risk of numerous medical problems (including death) from untreated sleep apnea. Even those with mild apnea are at increased risk for daytime sleepiness which adversely affects their safety if left untreated.
How can I learn whether my device has been recalled?
Philips Respironics created an online registration process to allow patients to look up their device serial number and start a claim if their unit is affected by the recall. You should register any affected device through the website, Philips.com/src-update, or by phone at 1-877-907-7508.
Where do I find my device’s serial number?
The serial number is on the bottom of your device. See the photo.
- Turn your machine over
- The serial number is located on the left of the machine and will begin with a J, P, or C
- Please do not use the number on the right side that begins with H – this is for the humidifier
When can I replace my recalled device?
Philips Respironics indicates that it will replace the current insulation foam with new material as quickly as possible and has already begun preparations. We do not yet know the timeframe for device replacement. In addition, the company is recommending that customers and patients halt use of ozone-related cleaning products and adhere to their device instructions for approved cleaning methods.
How can I get more information?
We recommend that you check on the recall’s latest developments by periodically visiting the recall website, Philips.com/src-update.
Health Shoppe Specialty Products
Special orders for non-stocked products are welcome.
We feature the newest home medical and respiratory equipment on the market, including:
- Ambulatory aids (walkers, canes, crutches, knee scooters)
- Aids for daily living
- Bariatric equipment
- Bathroom safety (commode, shower chair, etc.)
- Compression stockings
- CPAP devices and supplies
- Enteral feeding and supplies
- Head coverings and postmastectomy products
- Hearing and vision aids
- Diabetic shoes/therapeutic shoes with custom inserts
- Home access supplies
- Hospital beds and accessories
- Incontinence products
- Lift chairs
- Mom-to-be products & Breast Pumps
- Off-the-shelf bracing/ shoe inserts
- Ostomy supplies
- Pain management products
- Patient lift and accessories
- Personal care
- Scooters and power wheelchairs
- Stairlifts, home and vehicle ramps
- Specialty mattresses
- Urological supplies
- Wellness supplements
- Wheelchair cushions
- Wheelchairs (manual and accessories)
- Wound care
Other Programs Offered at the Health Shoppe
Our extensive product selection gives patients a choice for their lifestyle and comfort, with equipment designed for each individual’s home oxygen needs. Clinicians provide progress reports to the patient’s physician and case manager and therapies are adjusted as needed.
Extensive Array of Home Oxygen Services:
- Pre-discharge assessment of patient’s needs
- Portable units delivered to patient’s bedside in a timely manner
- Same-day professional equipment set-up, along with patient training
- Individualized care plan by respiratory care therapist
- Personal follow-up on patient compliance needs
- Progress reports to clinical team as needed
- Assistance when needing to travel with respiratory equipment
We offer a broad selection of oxygen systems:
- State-of-the-art stationary and portable oxygen delivery systems
- State-of-the-art conserving devices
- Conserving regulator pulse oximetry testing by respiratory therapist on-site
Service and Repair Program
The Agnesian Health Shoppe houses a repair department. For worn out or broken equipment, our repair professions will fix equipment that is sold from the Health Shoppe.
Sleep Management Program
Respiratory therapists (who are clinical and technical experts in obstructive sleep apnea) have helped thousands of patients achieve restful sleep.
After a physician diagnosis, respiratory therapists consult with the patient about appropriate CPAP equipment and supplies for their individual needs.
We offer re-order program for CPAP supplies at regular intervals. Our CPAP specialist will contact the patient to verify re-supply needs.
Four dedicated rooms are set up for individual consultations on how to use the equipment. The rooms include a comfortable bed so patients can try on the equipment in a real home-like setting.
The respiratory therapists continue to work with the patient and their physician for the highest compliance and patient satisfaction.
The Agnesian Health Shoppe has a dedicated team that will help patients manage monthly supply re-orders including CPAP, ostomy, wound care, urological, enteral or incontinent products. With the patient’s permission, the patient will receive reminder calls and his or her order will be shipped directly to home. We never ship product without our first verifying need from our patient.
- Certified diabetic shoe customer service reps to assist with measuring, fitting, customer inserts, and insurance coverage
- Licensed respiratory therapists available to access respiratory equipment
- Rehab certified assistive technology professionals on-site to provide rehabilitation equipment products for consumers with disabilities
- Rehabilitative services including ambulatory aids, mobility aids, and standard/custom wheelchairs
- Nurse on-site certified in wound care
- Two certified women's health consultants on-site to assist with compression stockings
- Women’s health consultants also specializing in post-mastectomy products (including breast forms, bras, camisoles, swim wear, head pieces, wigs and head coverings), lymphedema products, breastfeeding products (including pumps and accessories), bras and swimwear
- DME specialist who specializes in home medical equipment and supplies, and third party reimbursement
- Billing specialists
- Lifeline program
- Repair technicians certified to repair most home medical and power-mobility equipment
- Oxygen delivery technicians
We are structured to serve the provider and payer communities. Managed care stands at the center of today’s healthcare delivery system. We have shaped our operations to meet the unique needs of MCOs, their members and their providers.
Our customer service department works closely with a patient’s insurance providers, and will handle third-party billing for primary, secondary and tertiary payers. Our staff understands the latest regulatory information, procedures and reimbursement requirements, making the referral process streamlined and efficient. Call us and we will assist you in:
- On-call coverage
- Prior authorization
- Reimbursement coordination