Welcome to the Treffert Library - a place that encourages everyone to think about the potential within us all.
The Treffert Library features the life works of Dr. Treffert, helping to foster research and knowledge across the autism and savant syndrome spectrum and other forms of exceptional brain performance. The library offers a unique worldwide collection of past research materials on autism, savant syndrome, and hyperlexia and related conditions, and a present day center to continue ongoing research projects. The library provides stimulation for and coordination of future research projects globally on all forms of exceptional brain performance and human potential.
Join us on our journey!
- Meet Dr. Treffert in our brand new space
- Participate in once-in-a-lifetime webcasts with guests from all over the world
- Access Dr. Treffert’s personal library on fascinating topics, such as savant syndrome
- Make full use of our resources and services to conduct research
- Relax and enjoy the savant art from Dr. Treffert’s collection and learn about the amazing artists, including Stephen Wiltshire
- Listen to the musical talents of savants, such as Leslie Lemke
- Attend innovative programs to explore the potential within us all
A good place to begin
Dr. Treffert's book, Extraordinary People: Understanding Savant Syndrome, was the first work to comprehensively summarize what is known about this fascinating condition, originally described a century ago, and to introduce the reader to a number of prodigious savants.
His more recent work, Islands of Genius: The Bountiful Mind of the Autistic, Acquired and Sudden Savant, not only brings the reader up-to-date on developments in the field, but also presents the fascinating stories of the savants as well as their caregivers and families.
Both of the above works are on our shelves, and we encourage our visitors to make full use of these comprehensive resources.