The saying goes that the more you know, the better informed decisions you can make. As healthcare consumers get more actively involved in their medical care, they are seeking as much information as possible to help guide them toward improved health.
Agnesian HealthCare recognizes this fact and is enhancing patient access to important health information through its Agnesian eHealth web site. eHealth offers patients a convenient and secure web site to help manage their health - manage upcoming appointments, check test results as they become available, and view personal health information.
This free tool allows patients access to their records anytime and anywhere they have an Internet connection.
“This web-based tool is truly a timesaving tool that empowers our patients to take control of their health,” according to Janet Osterholm, director of Agnesian HealthCare Health Information Management. “As a result, they can become a more proactive member of their care team.”
eHealth users can:
- Manage Appointments - Users can request a new appointment at any time of day or night without picking up the phone. They can also request a medication renewal from healthcare providers.
- View Test Results – Test results are released 72 hours after they are available to the provider. Only tests performed at Agnesian HealthCare facilities appear in electronic health records.
- Review Medical History - Users can find upcoming appointment instructions, medications, allergies, immunization records and more. Patients can keep their record up-to-date to help them and their care providers.
- Manage Other Accounts - With proper consent, users can see medical records for children. This helps caregivers to manage the healthcare of loved ones privately and conveniently.
- Secure Storage - eHealth is a password protected secure web site. All messages are encrypted to ensure security. Only people users have authorized, and the user’s care provider and staff can view specific information.
Agnesian HealthCare patients interested in using Agnesian eHealth can pick up a registration form from any hospital Admitting department or Agnesian HealthCare information desks, and return them at the same location to receive their access link. A photo identification will be requested at the time of form submission for verification purposes. Registration forms can also be given to any receptionist, nurse or provider.
To learn more, contact your Agnesian HealthCare provider or nurse.