Agnesian HealthCare invites community to celebrate hometown heroes July 3
Agnesian HealthCare’s “Heroes in Action” - scheduled as part of Celebrate Waupun - provides an opportunity for the entire family to interact with Waupun’s very own heroes!
Join local heroes as they share a message of safety and well-being from 4 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 3 to the west of Schlieve Field, Waupun.
Meet physicians from the Waupun Memorial Hospital Emergency Department and receive a free Agnesian HealthCare drawstring backpack for a chance to win an iPad mini.
Heroes in Action will also feature the Waupun Police Department, Lifestar Emergency Medical Service, Dodge County Sheriff’s Department, Waupun Fire Department, Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Department and the Flight for Life helicopter. With everything you’ll learn and see, you’ll feel like a superhero yourself!
Agnesian HealthCare and Waupun Memorial Hospital, as local healthcare providers, are serving as Celebrate Waupun’s title sponsor and also sponsor “Heroes in Action!”
“We are proud to be on board for such an exciting event for Waupun area residents and their families to enjoy,” says DeAnn Thurmer, Waupun Memorial Hospital chief operating officer. “This year, we are excited to honor our local heroes and offer engaging ways for individuals and families to interact with them.”
Those families that attend the Heroes in Action will experience:
- See the inside of a City of Waupun Police department squad car and learn about driving safety.
- Get an up-close view of a fire truck by the City of Waupun Fire department.
- See what it’s like to be a patient or EMT inside an ambulance on an emergency call with Lifestar Emergency Medical Service.
- Dodge County Sheriff’s Department canine unit (if available).
- Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Department will be featuring their SARC (Sheriff’s Amphibious Rescue Craft), which can power through water, ice, cattails and more!
- The Flight for Life helicopter is scheduled to land at 5 p.m. in Schlieve Field for tours (weather and availability dependent).
For more information, visit agnesian.com/heroes or call Agnesian HealthCare at (920) 926-4893.