Written by: Joy Schultz, PharmD Pharmacy Director Agnesian HealthCare
Medications are a very important method for helping you with your health, they may also cause harm if not used correctly. Here are some tips to help keep you safe while using medications:
- Ask Questions! Make sure you understand how you take your medication and why you are taking it.
- Know what the side effects of the medication are. If you develop a side effect, know what to do to manage it.
- Read the labels. The medications are labeled to help keep you safe.
- Make sure your medication is correct. Is your medication what you expected? If anything looks differently, contact your provider or pharmacist.
- Keep an up-to-date medication list of what medications you are on, the dose of the medications, and how you take them. Show this medication list to all your healthcare providers.