Thanks to the continued support of residents in Waupun and surrounding communities, the Agnesian HealthCare Foundation raised more than $20,000 to help support the purchase of an ultrasound device that offers a quicker and less invasive way to insert an IV placement, and as a result, will help providers on the delivery of care.
The virtual raffle drawing - conducted February 17 - was shown on Agnesian HealthCare’s Facebook page live.
The following individuals were randomly drawn as prize winners:
- Grand prize - Design Your Own Diamond Jewelry - Half carat diamond and setting of your choice up to $1,000 (Total value $3,400), Donated by Gysbers Jewelry: Katie DeJager, Waupun
- Second prize - Flowers Each Month for Six Months (Value $300), Donated by Rens Floral: Jessica Schultz, Waupun
- Third prize - Dine Around Waupun (Value $300), Donated by Homan Auto and Holliday Food & Sport: Cheryl Hull, Waupun
- Fourth prize - The Rock Golf Club Package - Golf with Cart for Four People and $50 Gift Certificate (Value $210), Donated by The Rock Golf Club: Sarah Lemmenes, Waupun
- Fifth prize - Guth’s Candy Basket: Chocolate, Coffee and Popcorn (Value $100), Donated by Guth’s Candy: Joe Bresser, Waupun
Sponsors include: Waupun Memorial Hospital Medical Staff, Drs. Bret and Joanne Pasiuk, Art & DeAnn Thurmer, Ballweg Implement, Homan Family Dentistry, Horicon Bank, J.F. Ahern Co., Lifestar Emergency Medical Services, Milan & Bonnie Vande Zande, Municipal Well & Pump, Tom Dooley Orchard, Shea Electric & Communications, Waupun Utilities, and Werner Harmsen Furniture Store & Funeral Home.
“We appreciate everyone who stepped forward to help us achieve our goals,” says Shawn Fisher, Agnesian HealthCare Foundation executive director. “I am grateful that whenever we reach out to the Waupun community to help the hospital, the response is always so gratifying and humbling. In the end, our patients and their families are the ultimate benefactors.”
The virtual raffle was supported by planning team members, including: Sue Bentz, Patti Domask, Emily Klapper, Kate Bresser, Kim Bresser, Donna Pierce, DeAnn Thurmer and Amy Uhrmacher.
The virtual raffle was conducted in lieu of the hospital’s Chocolate & Wine event, according to DeAnn Thurmer, president, Ripon Medical Center and Waupun Memorial Hospital. “As the lone fund-raiser for Waupun Memorial Hospital, we were hopeful this will garner the same level of support as previous year’s events, and our community did not let us down. We are grateful to introduce this new technology to help our patients with their overall care experience.”