It started more than 120 years ago with the visionary leadership of Mother Agnes Hazotte, (pictured) first general superior of the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes. Understanding the need for healthcare services in this region, Mother Agnes made a commitment to open a hospital in Fond du Lac, and provide the necessary resources to help improve the overall health and well-being of area communities. Building upon the healing mission of Jesus, St. Agnes Hospital was originally dedicated on June 23, 1896. Mother Agnes’ legacy continues today through Agnesian HealthCare.
Sponsored by the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Agnes, Agnesian HealthCare is comprised of Agnesian HealthCare Enterprises, Consultants Laboratory, Fond du Lac Regional Clinic, Ripon Medical Center, St. Agnes Hospital, St. Francis Home, Villa Loretto/Villa Rosa and Waupun Memorial Hospital.
Our ministries are intimately tied to the communities that surround them. Our associates are neighbors. Patients are friends. We live in tightly knit, family-oriented communities, which are reflected in our family-like work environment. And our friends and neighbors are in better health because of this commitment.
The mission of Agnesian HealthCare provides compassionate care that brings Hope, Health & Wholeness to those we serve by honoring the sacredness and dignity of all persons at every stage of life. This mission guides everything we do as an organization.
We are rooted in the healing ministry of the Catholic church as we continue the mission of our sponsor, the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes.
We emphasize the following values: